10:29 AM

Jakarta City

The air feels too cold from my office room in the 21st floor. I would like to think that winter has returned to me but no, it's a different kind of cold; it's this air circulating through the machine called air conditioning that is filled with non-ecofriendly refrigerant. It is so unnatural. I am one of probably the 20% of Jakartan who is lucky enough to be sitting in my own office room rather than doing the jobs that requires me to be outdoor in such rainy season. And yet, I cannot be thankful.

It is looking pretty blurry outside my window, it's raining cats and dogs. The city sky scrappers seemed to be fighting the force real hard, standing tall despite the moody weather. Right outside the entrance lies a stretch of road jammed with cars fighting to pass through, each seemed too tired repeating this routine everyday. The man who greeted me cheerfully every morning at the car entrance is now covered in his yellow raincoat, probably too afraid to be swallowed by the darkness.

This metropolitan city seems exhausted. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of raindrops hitting the glass window and its metal frame, making a melody on its own. It sounds the same- the sound of rain here- as it was when I was in America. They are water droplets freed from their mother cloud. But the feeling is different. They used to remind me of freedom and how happy I am to be able to set free like them. Right now they reminded me of the past, of how it all used to be, and that when you touched the ground, you will be stepped on and evaporate slowly.

But life is a cycle isn't it? They will get back up and form clouds to protect people from the sun's scorching heat. They will be useful and appreciated again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattoo

A Cup of Coffee

DJAKARTA WAREHOUSE PROJECT 2016